TIPS TO BUILDING A STRONG IMMUNE SYSTEM
- PROPER HYGEINE –Make sure that you wash your hands regularly with soap and water and do not touch your face. Keep your entire work surfaces clean (keyboard, counters, steering wheel, etc.). Wash your clothes after each usage and be sure to switch to organic household supplies.
- REST - Make sure you are getting 8 hours of sleep per night. Consider purchasing an Oura ring. This device studies you while you sleep to ensure you are sleeping well. (www.Ouraring.com) If you are not getting 8 hours per night be sure to add a nap of less than 45 minutes that day. (Longer naps can disrupt your circadian rhythm).
- DIET – Eating a whole food diet free of sugar is one of the best ways you can strengthen your immunity. Remember sugar competes for cell entrance with Vitamin C, a battle that sugar usually wins. Eat organic veggies and fruits and avoid inflammatory sugary/strarchy foods. Consider supplementing with herbs, vitamin C, quercetin, Vit D, pre/pro-biotics, zinc, iodine. Intermittent fasting is a quick way to get your body into low level ketosis. This state will strengthen your immune system immediately. For more read this article - https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2018/07/02/intermittent-fasting-with-ketogenic-more-effective.aspx
- HYDRATION – Water intake is a great way to wash viruses out of your mouth and throat into the unfriendly acidic environment of your stomach. Be sure to drink 80-100 ounces of water per day, preferably at room temp. Try not to chug water, rather drink smaller amounts more consistently. If you drink it too fast it will not be utilized effectively and you will be going to bathroom frequently. Attempt to drink 70% of your water needs by noon and do not drink too much after 5 pm, otherwise this will have you up all night disrupting your sleep rhythms in the process.
- GET FRESH AIR – Be sure to get outside and breathe in some fresh air and avoid prolonged exposures to stagnant air. Eat lunch outside and breathe in deeply through your nose. By nose breathing you will stimulate your parasympathetic nervous system which makes our immune system stronger and more responsive. Find a natural place for this, where it is not crowded.
- REGULAR EXERCISE – Be sure to get regular low impact exercise outside with exposure to the sun (natural Vit. D is the best). Be sure to stretch and strengthen your body, while creating endurance. A strong, fit body is more resistant to infections. Improving your posture will improve your immunity. A special note-if you feel immuno-suppressed be sure to skip your workouts.
- STRESS CONTROL – Avoid over consuming the negative news shows (stay informed but do not overdo it). This will put you into an adaptive physiological state called flight-fight, causing your adrenal glands to overreact secreting too much cortisol. This will down regulate your immune system and make you extremely vulnerable to viruses. So follow this protocol: Box Breathing 3x/day; Regular laughter throughout the day (watch comedies); Express love and gratitude all day long (people need to be loved); Affirmations to start your day (Love yourself so you can love others); Receive positive touch with Chiropractic and massage (stimulates your Parasympathetic NS allowing for healing); Prayer (connecting to God to maintain perspective and hope).
- CARE FOR YOUR NERVOUS SYSTEM – This is the master system in your body and dictates your immune response. The stronger and more in balance your nervous system is the healthier you will be. Most people are stuck in a chronic sympathetic state (flight-fight) which down regulates your immunity. Specific Chiropractic care is highly effective at keeping you neurologically balanced. Do not skip your Chiropractic appointment as your immune system needs it.